fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on 17th Aug in First attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on 17th Aug in First attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #14858

Jenikka Ebias

Hello Natarajan,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We are glad our materials contributed to such success! Thank you also for sharing your experience and some tips here. I'm sure aspiring Project Management Professionals would find it helpful. Have a great day!
5 years 7 months ago #14856

Karthik Natarajan

's Avatar

Hi Folks,

Greetings and thanks for all your inputs.

First, I thank my Mom her motivation & My wife for her great support during my preparation and

Very big thanks to Prepcast team as PM Prepcast Elite package was my sole source. I tried to read PMBOK but soon I felt its not a type of my material. But still I read some processes and glossary once, only once.

I watched all relevant Prepcast lessons KA wise once then did Simplilearn 200Q mock and got 68%. This gave me confidence and I felt doing good.
Watched videos again PG wise and took notes on important points.
Watched videos from youtube for some of the processes, the sources includes Izenbridge & Praizion.
I only did Prepcast simulator After second iteration of watching Prepcast videos, I feel now that this was the mistake I did. During my 2 months preparation (Everyday atleast 2-3 hours), I planned one month for preparation and another month for the simulator exams. I was keep changing my study plan due to time constraint and end up watching all lessons at the end of 6th week and I only did 3 full mock exams from PM simulator in the last two weeks and got following results,
Mock 1 - 80%
Mock 2 - 76% (38 out of 50Q and I end the test)
Mock3&4 - took same day and got 79.5% & 74.5%

Due to time constraint, I only reviewed wrong questions. PM Simulator explanation was excellent to understand as they explain all the answer choices. I suggest all to review all the right and wrong ones.

Oliver 175Q - 76%
Dan Ryan Free Simulator 200Q - 77%

A week before real exam, I just watched videos PG wise and review notes.

A big thanks to Shiv (PMESN) for his smart notes and of course for introducing PM Prepcast through his portal.

I felt PM simulator & Real exam are quite similar in terms of hardness.

Finally, PMP is achievable with consistent study.

My Lessions learned for future PMPs,
Prepare a Plan
Stick to the Plan or try your best to follow the plan atleast. As Cornelius said in his lessons change is inevitable, So the plan also may need to change!
Try mocks from different sources and review all the answers.
Relax day before the real exam.
Good Luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login