fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam on first try August 10TH - PASS WITH THESE TIPS

Passed PMP exam on first try August 10TH - PASS WITH THESE TIPS 5 years 8 months ago #14815

• Augusto James
  • Augusto James's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello

I just back from the testing center with a big smile, as I was able to pass my PMP exam on the first pass.

Scored above target in 2 areas and on target on 3.

Because of that I want to share things that worked for me, in order to help other avoid my mistakes.

Main Mistake:

I waited for the last moment to take my test, my PMP eligibility period expired on August 11th and yea.. I Took the test on August 10th.
This created an additional pressure, because I had no option but to pass on my first and only try, in order to avoid application re submission and payments.

Advice #1 : Take your time, prepare for the test, and once you feel you have a good understanding submit your application and that way you will have 1 whole year to take the test ( 3 times if needed)

Advice #2 Ritas Pmp Book: for me I went over this book twice ( last time just a few weeks prior to my test)

Advice # 3 PM Book Guide : I went over this one once.

Advice # 4 PM Prep Cast Simulator : Wow I did over 1500 questions and when I had concerns or questions marked wrong I made sure I studied them all and followed it with the PM Book. This was a great help, it allowed me to think in terms of PMI and understand the reasoning behind the questions.

Advice # 4 : Mare sure you understand the 49 Processes in the PM Book, the following link was helped memorize them and learn.

Advice #5 : Ritas Process Game , make sure you also study and learn this by heart, i use the following online game
pmpritagame.github.io/

Advice #6 : ITTO"s dont memorize them but learn to analyze them, there are few patterns that these have that can help score questions rigth with no memorization, i used the following:
www.projectprep.org/how-to-remember-the-...-pmp-and-capm-exams/

Advice #7 : Youtube lots of materials and videos available

Advice #8 : Watch the PMP Prepcast videos at last... and use these videos to refresh and review and put everything together.

Advice #9 : PM PrepCast Exam Formulas great value for just $20, it comes with a complete guide and pocket summary the best way to practice your formulas is to practice, after a good amount of practice, you will know them by heart.

Advice #10 : Relax, take your time, take it easy ... If you prepare you will pass.

Advice #11 : The day before the test.. dont study, try to take your mind of this ( yes dont study you wont learn in one night.. what you have not in a long time ) get some exercise, spend time with the family, watch a movie... give your mind a break.. you will need that the next day.

It took me 3 months to get all this done. I hope it helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHUMIN LONG, Dinesh Kumar, Daniel Dewart, Murtaza Sheikh
Last edit: by Augusto James.

Passed PMP exam on first try August 10TH - PASS WITH THESE TIPS 5 years 8 months ago #14821

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Congrats!

Passed PMP exam on first try August 10TH - PASS WITH THESE TIPS 5 years 8 months ago #14825

• Pooja K
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congrats ! And Thank you for the tips .. I have my first attempt scheduled on Sep 7th and I'm getting really nervous as the day approaching .. Your advice will definitely help

Passed PMP exam on first try August 10TH - PASS WITH THESE TIPS 5 years 8 months ago #14847

• Prashanth S
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hi Pooja,

Just boost your confidence and be relaxed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pooja K

Passed PMP exam on first try August 10TH - PASS WITH THESE TIPS 5 years 8 months ago #14855

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Pooja!!

We all get nervous.. I dont think there is a way to avoid that feeling.

Just prepare, study and you will be fine.

Passed PMP exam on first try August 10TH - PASS WITH THESE TIPS 5 years 7 months ago #14926

• Pooja K
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks !
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login