fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP 17th July

Passed PMP 17th July 5 years 8 months ago #14678

• Adem Alli
  • Adem Alli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Everyone,
I'm glad to share that I passed my PMP exam on the first try earlier this week with very good results.

Some background: I've worked across the PM spectrum for the last decade and have an advanced degree in PM. My organization also uses PM practices that are largely aligned with PMI's.

Even though the material in the PMBoK wasn't strange, the first simulated exam I took was really alarming! Due to work and family exigencies I only started really preparing for the exam 4 weeks before my scheduled date. I was able to read through PMBOK in about a week and I spent the next 2.5 weeks watching the prepcast videos and doing numerous practice exams. It took 3-4hrs daily during the week and pretty much the entire weekends I noticed improvements in my ability to assimilate the key elements in each question and exclude obviously wrong answers with each attempt (would suggest prepcast incorporates a feature that helps grey out wrong answers into the simulator).

What worked very well for me included:
1. Having sufficient grounding from my work and training.
2. The prepcast videos
3. By far the most-valuable tool was the exam simulator!

My useful tips are:
1. Unless there's some life-altering implication, try to allow at least 8 weeks prep before the exam.
2. Use the simulator! And ensure all answers are reviewed upon completion.
3. Watch the videos (Even if only at accelerated speeds)
4. Having the exam scheduled is a great motivator to start studying earnestly:) .

Undoubtedly, I believe the prepcast package was the singular most useful part of my prep for the exam and my chances of success would've been severely threatened without them. Thanks Cornelius and the entire prepcast team for delivering a product that does what it's meant to.

Regards
Adem.

Passed PMP 17th July 5 years 8 months ago #14708

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Adem,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam and thank you very much for sharing your tips here.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login