fbpx

Reply: Tips to pass it !!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Tips to pass it !!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 9 months ago #14312

May

's Avatar

Hello Chakarin,

Congrats ! Thanks for sharing your success story and exam experience .

I think the same way too. I think PM training answers are a little easy and most of the questions as well. For now, cmbination of Prepcast answers explanation with the PM Training questions are the perfect exam preparations for me.

Cheers!
5 years 9 months ago #14305

Chakarin Yoswattana

Just finished my exam an hour ago and passed first try. Main thing about the exam that makes it rough is that it is VERY VAGUE! To counter this do not focus on looking for the right answer, rather use the STRIKE OUT feature to remove the wrong answers that you are sure of. Will help you focus more and build confidence. Also do not leave any answers blank when you mark questions since even marked questions will count towards your score if you run out of time so in the worst case at least you had some answer listed.

Last but not least high quality Mock Exams are the key! I used the Paid Prepcast Simulator 1200 questions and PM Training 1100 questions.

Prepcast Simulator questions need to be shorter to more closely mimic the exam. Also, there are misdirects that are not really present on the real exam and this causes extra time to be wasted, so you may feel rushed and not answer correctly. I took 3 hours and 40 minutes on new Prepcast questions but finished the real exam just now in 1 hour and 55 minutes, so something is not quite right. PM Training questions on the other hand mimic the exam exactly BUT the answers are a little too easy so if you combine the answer choices from Prepcast Simulator with the question format of PM Training you get the PMP exam!

Last Tip
1. Do not spend more than 30 seconds on any question, if you do click any answer and mark it for later.
5 years 9 months ago #14303

Patrick Floris PhD PMP

Good insight Thierry, congratz on passing the exam.
5 years 9 months ago #14283

Thierry Khoury

's Avatar

Hi everyone,
I got it after 3 hard working months. Everyone has his own way of studying but here are some tips that might be helpful from my own experience.
- Fix few hours daily to focus on the preparation
- Read the PMBOOK and understand each word or example in it without memorizing.
- Read a more practical book such as rita mulcahy book where you will find examples, exercises. Memorize the first page Chart: it will allow you to know in which process group you are after reading the questions
- Listen to the video as they are complementary to the PMBOOK and do the test at the end of each chapter
- Understand the formulas and then memorize them : Don't wait last days to memorize them but start with the begining of your PMP preparation
-Prepare detailed ITTO sheet by chapter : It will help you to review them during your study. Understanding them and thinking logically will allow you to remember them easily
- Do tests and exercises as much as you can to practice. ( download PMP applications on your phone and practice whenever you end a chapter).
- with the pmprepcast tests, the exam will not be strange to you because the templates used are similar.
- Try to finish the practice tests in 3h30 so you have time to review the marked questions where you have doubts .
- Listen to the advises given in the pmprepcast videos
- you are not allowed to write anything on the papers during the tutorial . Don't rush in starting the test , but read the tutorial first, it will prepare your mood and mind to the exam before starting questions.
- Not only it is forbidden to talk about test questions but you forget them when you leave the room after 4 hours. The only thing i can say , is that they were logical questions and you needed to know in which process group you are so you dela with the situation.
that's all !!!
Good Luck in your preparation and remember You can do it IF you want it and if you prepare it seriously !!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login