fbpx

Reply: Passed on 2nd attempt with 5 AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 2nd attempt with 5 AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 9 months ago #14418

Scott Gillard

Congrats!
5 years 10 months ago #14275

Anika

's Avatar

Passed PMP on 2 nd attempt and here is my story:
Started studying in December using a course on udemy as my only study material and failed the test in March barely missing the passing mark.
I took a week or so to recharge and started off studying the PMBOK using the approach recommended by Ricardo Vargas (on youtube). I also compared my 1st attempt results to the exam outline to point out areas where i came up short. Did some research on best practice questions and purchased PrepCast exam simulator. I only took 3 full time exams with maaaaaany distractions and scored 67-70%. In the last weeks before the exam i mainly took timed and learning quizzes in 20-50 question increments and scores 75-90% on most. I used the statistics to focus on the areas where i was coming up short and read explanations for all the questions. The simulator was the key as it allowed me to understand how to interpret the questions and find the best answers based on PMBOK and not my PM experience.
During the exam it took me 3 hrs to complete the test with 1 bathroom break and i marked all the questions that i had any doubt about( including all the math questions just to double check my math. Ended up being about 60 questions and i changed my answers on 10-15 of those.
Congratulations on the screen was the best reward for all the work i put into it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login