fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Today on First Attempt!

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 1 week ago #13968

• Daniel Williams
  • Daniel Williams's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed my PMP today (4/18/2018) with BT/AT/T/AT/AT and couldn't be happier. The Prepcast was such a great help. It was such an easy listen and really helped cement the topics in my mind.

I have studied project management extensively in graduate school and have over 10 years of project management experience, but have never had a need to get the PMP until now. I began studying the Prepcast on 3/21 and started hitting the exam simulator pretty hard. I also used the exam simulator from PMTraining. The question difficulty of both products really set me up for success with the actual exam.

The one thing to keep in mind is to slow down and read the questions. Use the process of elimination. There are going to be answers that are close, but there is one little thing in the question that will set one answer apart from the rest. I would not say they are trying to be tricky, it is more that they want to make sure you are paying attention. Paying attention is the name of the game in project management, so it makes sense to me. Overall I had a great exam experience and was VERY excited to walk away with a pass on my first attempt.

Good luck to everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivan Monagan

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 1 week ago #13969

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Daniel,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 6 days ago #13972

• Atif
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congrats

its good to hear that with in 3 weeks you succeed.
How much time you study and How???? i am planning to do so .. i need some guidance from you. So i will also give exams by next month.
i am going to purchase the precast but is is showing still under development mode.
nanacast.com/s/?req=view_order&ac=a043fe...&actual_form_submit=

waiting for your response

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 6 days ago #13973

• atif hussain
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i need to purchase the material only along with simulator...

i am already registered and submit the fees for Exams ... but need good guidance... as i am unable to continue my studies due to my hactic schedule.

PLEASE HELP in this regard
+966560036777

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 5 days ago #13983

• Jen Kim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Daniel,
Did you use the exam simulator from PM Prepcast? If not, did you find the PM Training exam simulator questions very similar to the actual 6th edition exam?
Also, did you get a lot of calculation questions or long questions that you decided to spend time at the end of at the exam to go back and solve, or were you able to get most of the questions within a minute or so?

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 5 days ago #13984

• Jen Kim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I also didn't realize you can still pass the exam even with a 'Below Target' for one of the areas? Not sure if this is a common thing or just a special case?

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 4 days ago #13985

• Daniel Williams
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Since I already had extensive education in project management I took the PrepCast pre-assessment as well as a practice exam to see what I could score. I then focused on studying the areas in which I was deficient. I also studied the new areas for the 6th edition since all of my previous training was in the 5th edition.

I studied 4-6 hours a day during the week and non-stop on the weekends between household duties (12+ hours).

Good luck!

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 4 days ago #13986

• Daniel Williams
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I used the simulator from both the PrepCast and PMTraining. I found them to be instrumental in my success. They prepare you very well for the exam.

I did mark a lot of questions that I came back to at the end. Some were just to make sure I was reading them right, others were longer, multi-faceted questions. The test was not calculation heavy, but I do that math for a living, so they really didn't stand out in my mind.

I spend 3.5 hours taking the exam. The first two were working through all of the questions and marking ones to come back and review. After two hours I took a bathroom break and then came back and worked through all of my marked questions.

Good luck!

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 4 days ago #13987

• Daniel Williams
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

My overall score was above target. It all has to do with the way PMI weighs their questions.

I have seen people post in the forums, and on reddit, that they have passed with multiple BTs. I believe it all comes down to the mix of questions you receive and the difficulty of those questions.

[email protected] 6 years 4 days ago #13989

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for the info! Just curious, what scores were you getting on the Prepcast simulator on the 4 current available exams? I'll be taking my exam in about 2 weeks, thanks for all the advice so far!

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 4 days ago #13993

• Jen Kim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the info! For the PrepCast simulator, what score ranges were you getting on the exams and did you take all 4 of the mock exams available for the 6th edition?

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 3 days ago #13998

• Daniel Williams
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I only took 2 of the full mock exams, but I worked through other questions in shorter quizzes. I never repeated questions. I only wanted to see questions once. I wanted to cover as much "fresh" content as possible. If I got a question wrong I would read the explanation and the reference in the PMBOK if necessary. I then moved on. Both of the simulators provided GREAT explanations and references. I was very impressed.

I was scoring in the mid-70s on the questions/exams I was taking.

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 6 years 1 day ago #14021

• Jen Kim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the info!

Passed PMP Today on First Attempt! 5 years 11 months ago #14095

• Gary Coblenz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations Daniel. You're making me feel much better about taking the exam in three weeks. Sounds like my study plan is very similar to yours, along with my 20 years of PM experience. I find doing as many questions as I can each day to be really helpful and hope that it is enough prep for the real thing. And cudos to the prepcast team for the great content. While I'm sure you're already working on correcting defects, the lessons are fantastic material. Well done.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login