fbpx

Reply: I passed on 1st try with less than 2 months of study time

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed on 1st try with less than 2 months of study time

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 11 months ago #13874

Ty Weston, PMP

Glad to hear it. Congrats!
5 years 11 months ago #13869

Tanya

's Avatar

PM PrepCast is the best. I am an 8-5 working mom with a 5 and 7 year old. I have barely enough time to do anything for myself let alone study for a 4 hour exam. I qualified to sit the exam in December 2017 however a month later I discovered the PMI board would be upgrading the exam to the 6th edition in March 2018. In a panic, I went online to search for the top 10 PMP online prep courses and the PM PrepCast was listed #1.....I can see why! I scheduled my exam in March and began studying after the Christmas break early February. Each morning before the kids woke up, while on my treadmill I watched the videos. I doubled up on weekends and holidays. The tapes were logical and easy to follow. Everything covered was applicable to the exam....I went to the test center a day in advance as recommended and even went out for dinner and watched a movie the night before. The next morning I practiced my data dump sheet and passed the exam on the first try. If I can do it you can too.

My Lesson Learned: Although I passed on the first try, I feel my score could have easily been above average if I had not rushed to study in less than two months. I only had enough time to view the core knowledge area tapes once and I also completed the 200 question formula exam. If I had the opportunity to watch all the tapes at least once, taken a few of the practice tests, then reviewed the trouble areas on the tapes again I would have gotten above average easily. I scored mid average.....not that it matters now because it is a pass or fail exam...but to be on the safe side give yourself at least 3 to 4 months of study time at a reasonable pace.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login