fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I passed on 1st try with less than 2 months of study time

I passed on 1st try with less than 2 months of study time 6 years 3 weeks ago #13869

• Tanya
  • Tanya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
PM PrepCast is the best. I am an 8-5 working mom with a 5 and 7 year old. I have barely enough time to do anything for myself let alone study for a 4 hour exam. I qualified to sit the exam in December 2017 however a month later I discovered the PMI board would be upgrading the exam to the 6th edition in March 2018. In a panic, I went online to search for the top 10 PMP online prep courses and the PM PrepCast was listed #1.....I can see why! I scheduled my exam in March and began studying after the Christmas break early February. Each morning before the kids woke up, while on my treadmill I watched the videos. I doubled up on weekends and holidays. The tapes were logical and easy to follow. Everything covered was applicable to the exam....I went to the test center a day in advance as recommended and even went out for dinner and watched a movie the night before. The next morning I practiced my data dump sheet and passed the exam on the first try. If I can do it you can too.

My Lesson Learned: Although I passed on the first try, I feel my score could have easily been above average if I had not rushed to study in less than two months. I only had enough time to view the core knowledge area tapes once and I also completed the 200 question formula exam. If I had the opportunity to watch all the tapes at least once, taken a few of the practice tests, then reviewed the trouble areas on the tapes again I would have gotten above average easily. I scored mid average.....not that it matters now because it is a pass or fail exam...but to be on the safe side give yourself at least 3 to 4 months of study time at a reasonable pace.

I passed on 1st try with less than 2 months of study time 6 years 2 weeks ago #13874

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Glad to hear it. Congrats!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login