fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP-First Attempt with Above Target in all 5 Categories

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP-First Attempt with Above Target in all 5 Categories

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 11 months ago #13829

Ty Weston, PMP

Congrats!
5 years 11 months ago #13823

Elizabeth Sosnicki

I would like to start by saying I am not a Project Manager. I am currently a Project Control Analysis so the scheduling/planning section came pretty easy, as well as the Earned Value information, but I found a lot of the other sections pretty challenging. I took the PM Prepcast Video Training Course, PMP Exam Formula Study Guide, and most importantly the PMP Exam Simulator. In addition, I read the Rita book, memorized her process chart, and reference the PMBOK when necessary for additional clarification. I studied consistently for 3 months and very hard for the last month.
I would say the exam simulator was hands down the most beneficial piece of information that assisted with my passing. I took seven complete practice exams and reviewed the answers I got wrong. On my first exam, I believe I scored 47% after going through the Video Training Course. By the seventh exam, I was averaging 77%-82%. Because it was suggested that you need to get over 80% I was very nervous that I would be on the boarder of passing and failing, but I was able to pass above target.
My advice is to focus on situational based questions, understand the sequence of events, and take as many practice test as possible. In addition, if you are not consistently scoring over 80% don’t stress too much. I think they grade easier then I was originally anticipating.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login