fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP

Passed PMP 6 years 4 weeks ago #13696

• WENDY WOON
  • WENDY WOON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed with 4AT and 1T with an overall AT rating. Here are what I used to prep myself, in this order:

1 - Set a study schedule that I stuck to. The schedule listed what I planned to do (which chapters I would cover) every day. My goal was to complete everything (from the first reading to exam) in under 2 months. I wasn't working at the time so I had the afternoons to study as well.
2 - Went through all the Prepcast videos while taking very good notes - about 2 notebooks. The videos took a long time for me.
3 - Read Rita's M's book chapter by chapter. After reading a chapter, I would read the corresponding PMBOK chapter, then complete the questions in both Rita and Prepcast.
4 - Read Rita chapters again and went through all the Prepcast questions again.
5 - Went through my Prepcast notes.
6 - I was at a level that I was confident enough to handle simulated exams. By then, I was able to memorize 1) all the formulas, 2) the 47 processes 3) all the outputs. I had some trouble remembering some inputs so I let that go. It wasn't worth the stress. I found it helpful to memorize the key outputs.
7 - Took a few mock exams (not Prepcast ones yet) scoring between 68% - 92%.
8 - Ran through all of Rita's questions again.
9 - Took 5 Prepcast Simulator exams - one each day - scoring between 85% and 92%.
10 - I had 2 more days before my exam. I ran through the processes in my head each day so that I didn't start to forget things.

It was a stressful exam for me. I "dumped" out my formulas and processes in the 15 mins but found that I kept referring to them during the exam (something that I did not need to do during my practice exams). Just because it was there, I felt like I had to refer to "something" to be more confident. I found the questions to be very tricky and marked many of them - which stressed me out even more. I didn't mark any during my practice exams. I felt that PMI worded their questions carefully - but that made me have to read between the lines to come to a decent answer choice. If I didn't read between the lines, most of the questions would have many good answers. I took the entire 4 hours to complete and I did not even get through all my marked questions. The practice exams took me 3 hours.

I am happy to have passed. It was a lot of work. I took 7 weeks to pass.
Last edit: by WENDY WOON.

Passed PMP 6 years 4 weeks ago #13698

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Fantastic!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login