fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam Today

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam Today

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 week ago #13679

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Louie,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 1 week ago #13666

Louie Julius Bagoyado

Today marks the beginning of a new journey.

I started my preparation for the exam last November 2017 when I received a professional development scholarship from PMIEF via PM PrepCast + Online Exam Simulator.

Study Hours and Strategy: 5 months
I was a busy professional with 3 lovely kids so I had to listen to the PMP PrepCast on my way to work and going back home. I spent about 2-3 hours per day.

After 2 months of listening to the PM PrepCast, I subscribed to the PM StudyCoach where it helped me focused on the Essential Essentials. After watching the PM Study Coach for a specific Knowledge Area, I will then watch the PM PrepCast Knowledge Area to refresh my mind on the concepts. It really improved my understanding of the different processes.

I also subscribed to the PM Formulas which really helped improved my understanding of the different PM Formulas. The daily formula emails with sample explanations was really an invaluable resource.

The 100+ Formula based questions were more than enough to give me a good grasp of the different Earned Value calculations.

I submitted my PMI application 2 months before I planned to take the exam. I was preparing for an audit but luckily I was not selected for one. I then registered for the exam a month before my targeted Exam date.

Online Exam Simulator:
I took about 7 full exams (200 x 7) out of the 9 available exams to practice. The questions were very professionally made and were very scenario based. I averaged a score between 70-85% on the exam simulators.

I also took the Free PM Exam Simulator.

Other Study Materials:
I used 2 apps on my phone that I found very useful: PMP Exam Mentor and PMP Exam Prep. The sample questions really help improved my understanding to align with how the PMI would approach or answer the situation.

I also watched the some ITTO mapping in youtube by Praizion Media. The mindmaps really provided an integrated view on how and where the processes integrate with each other. I think this is something that would be useful to include in the updated version of the PM PrepCast or PM Study Coach.

I did not get a chance to go thru the whole PMBOK Guide.
7 days before the Exam:
I visited the Prometric Center 7 days before my scheduled exam to check out their location as well as asked some questions.

1 days before the Exam:
I took 2 full exams from the Online Exam Simulator. I also answered the 100+ formula based questions from the PM Formulas.

I slept early.

Day of the Exam:
I arrived 30 minutes before my exam schedule. I actually had to struggle finding an available parking space in the testing area. Luckily, I was able to find one from a nearby restaurant.

I checked-in with the Proctor and was advised that I can no longer make a brain dump during the Tutorial.
I was given 2 sheets of paper to write. I actually did not make any brain dumps nor write any formulas on it.

After I ended the tutorial, the exam started immediately.

I did not Mark any questions, but I did review my answers since I still had about 30 minutes left. I made some changes to my answers. I am not sure if that helped or not.
Most of the questions were scenario based and a few questions that were formula related.

I just let the time run out and I had to take a brief survey. After the survey, I took a deep breath and voila I saw the word "Congratultations!..... ". I was then shown my Exam Results Report.

Overall, it was a journey of a lifetime.

I am forever grateful to PMIEF as well as to Cornelius for being such a great Study Coach and teacher. This indeed is a life-changing opportunity.

Now, I need to start earning my PDUs.

Thank you!

Best,
Louie

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login