fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP this weekend (1st attempt)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP this weekend (1st attempt)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13415

Samir Karwade

's Avatar

Thanks William,
Best of luck for March 7th. The simulator helps and try to find why you got the answers wrong. This will refresh your revision.
Few more comments about the real exam is that I was not happy about the scratch pad/sheets provided. They were of pink colour and had to right with pencil. Not so much visible. I would have preferred the pen.
Also, the good part is that you get the actual calculator; so it's easier.

Hope you will do goods as well.
6 years 1 month ago #13400

Mark Lacattiva

Nice work Samir...you were well prepared. ..you earned your success!
6 years 1 month ago #13383

William Bedford

Great work Samir!!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and thoughts on the exam. I'm glad to hear the Prep Cast exam prep simulator is comparable to the PMP exam.
My exam is March 7th, so I'm in the last week of prepping and revising. I'm scoring 80-85% on the Prep Cast exam prep simulator, so building my confidence
to exam day. Feedback like yours helps boost my confidence that I am on the right path....
6 years 1 month ago #13381

Ty Weston, PMP

Great job!!
6 years 1 month ago #13379

Samir Karwade

HI All,
I passed the PMP exam on Saturday Feb 24th. Few lessons learnt about the preparation and comments about the actual exam.
Exam results: All domains was above target. I was able to complete the example in 3 hours 40 minutes. I used the last 20 minutes to review the marked ones.
I would recommend PM Prepcast to all specially because it has more stress on the important points (which the PMBOK guide does not)
The preparation was little easier for me because I already did the APICS CSCP and Six Sigma certification (hence cost management and quality management was a breeze for me).
I started studying beginning of the year (Jan 2017). Two hours a day and 4 hours on weekends.
I gave all the 8 practice tests in last two weeks.

Experience about the preparation:
- I read the PMBOK two times and heard the PM Prepcast 2 times.
- I heard the PM Prepcast as a revision within the last 2 weeks
- Gave simulator tests while I was revising
- Make my own notes while I was revising
- Printed out the page 61 (table 3.1) and table 7.1 (EVM formulas) and practiced them
- When I did the second round of preparation with PM Prepcast, I paid more attention to the stress points
- I did not used any other books (other than PMBOK guide and PM Prepcast lessons)

Experience about the actual exam:
- It will take longer in actual exam than in simulation test exams. ( I did 8 simulator exams of 4 hours each using the PM Prepcast simulator). So be prepared. Generally, I use to complete my exams in 3 hours, but in real exam it took me almost 4 hours.
- I had 2 question repeated exactly same. So 4 questions, but actually 2. One out of them was exact same to the word. Other one had different words
- Few questions did not had the right answer (maybe they were survey questions). Example, one of them was about EVM - BAC= 60, AC= 25 and EV = 25. Question was for CPI. The answer for 1 was not there. Had option for 1.25 and 0.8.
- I felt that the PMP exam was easier than the PM Prepcast simulator
- The questions were short (not as lengthy as they are in PM Prepcast
- 4/5 Math questions, 4-5 a small paragraph questions. And rest all 1 line questions.
- Many questions had remarks like "What would the project Manager do next FIRST?"
- I thought the survey questions in middle were the ones which threw me off and scratch my head.

I would suggest to keep focus while preparing for the exam and fix the exam dates to motivate yourself (I know it is hard to do while working).

Samir

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login