fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP exam yesterday

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP exam yesterday

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13356

Robin Leung

Dulce M Brumfield wrote: What PMP Exam Simulator did you use?

I used the simulator from this site
6 years 1 month ago #13350

Dulce M Brumfield

's Avatar

What PMP Exam Simulator did you use?
6 years 1 month ago #13327

Robin Leung

Thank you Ty, Marina!
Took me a long time to prepare, it was on and off as I got so busy with moving to new house, side business and my day job. I guess in total I spent around 2 months (100% focus) to prepare for the exam.
My mistake I actually took 4 X 100 questions quiz and scored from 71% to 77%, 1 full exam with 77%. Took me a bit over 3 hours to answer all the questions in my mock exam and 3 hours 20 minutes to answer all the questions in my real exam.
When I review my wrong questions, I notice that I always got confused with Communication Management vs Stakeholder Management, therefore I spent sometime on it to make all the concept clear and be extra careful with what the questions is asking.

Hope these help and best of luck!
6 years 1 month ago #13323

Marina Alvarez

's Avatar

Congratulations!

Would like to know the following things from your experience:
How long did you prepare? What was the score that you get in the 5x100 tests? How long did you take on answer the mock-up tests vs the real exam? How did you reinforce your low score knowledge areas ?
6 years 1 month ago #13321

Ty Weston, PMP

Congrats!
6 years 1 month ago #13318

Robin Leung

I'm happy to report that I passed my PMP exam yesterday with 4AT and 1T, overall AT.
The whole exam felt like a roller coaster. The level of difficulty of the whole exam was going up and down the whole time. I was expecting a pass at the beginning but never expect an AT overall. Almost got a heart attack when I click on end exam, heart beat went crazy fast when I was doing the survey after the exam.

Materials I used:
Rtia's book
PMP Exam simulator
PMPBOK (only open to ref with the wrong answer I got in the simulator)

Couple of things which are important for me to pass the exam
- Understand how input output interact with each other (I cannot memorize them)
- 200% focus on what the question is asking, be careful with certain words as they can change the way you process the question and choose a wrong answer
- Comparing the exam with the simulator, I think they are about the same level of difficulty, but the real exam was more trickier. I did 4 X 100 Quiz and 1 full exam (got 71% to 77%) in order to get myself comfortable with the exam structure.

Thank you PMPrePcast, it was a great help and I will definitely recommend you to anyone who's also going for the PMP destination!!

Cheers,
RL

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login