fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam yesterday

Passed my PMP exam yesterday 6 years 2 months ago #13318

• Robin Leung
  • Robin Leung's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm happy to report that I passed my PMP exam yesterday with 4AT and 1T, overall AT.
The whole exam felt like a roller coaster. The level of difficulty of the whole exam was going up and down the whole time. I was expecting a pass at the beginning but never expect an AT overall. Almost got a heart attack when I click on end exam, heart beat went crazy fast when I was doing the survey after the exam.

Materials I used:
Rtia's book
PMP Exam simulator
PMPBOK (only open to ref with the wrong answer I got in the simulator)

Couple of things which are important for me to pass the exam
- Understand how input output interact with each other (I cannot memorize them)
- 200% focus on what the question is asking, be careful with certain words as they can change the way you process the question and choose a wrong answer
- Comparing the exam with the simulator, I think they are about the same level of difficulty, but the real exam was more trickier. I did 4 X 100 Quiz and 1 full exam (got 71% to 77%) in order to get myself comfortable with the exam structure.

Thank you PMPrePcast, it was a great help and I will definitely recommend you to anyone who's also going for the PMP destination!!

Cheers,
RL
Last edit: by Robin Leung.

Passed my PMP exam yesterday 6 years 2 months ago #13321

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Congrats!

Passed my PMP exam yesterday 6 years 2 months ago #13323

• Marina Alvarez
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations!

Would like to know the following things from your experience:
How long did you prepare? What was the score that you get in the 5x100 tests? How long did you take on answer the mock-up tests vs the real exam? How did you reinforce your low score knowledge areas ?

Passed my PMP exam yesterday 6 years 2 months ago #13327

• Robin Leung
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Ty, Marina!
Took me a long time to prepare, it was on and off as I got so busy with moving to new house, side business and my day job. I guess in total I spent around 2 months (100% focus) to prepare for the exam.
My mistake I actually took 4 X 100 questions quiz and scored from 71% to 77%, 1 full exam with 77%. Took me a bit over 3 hours to answer all the questions in my mock exam and 3 hours 20 minutes to answer all the questions in my real exam.
When I review my wrong questions, I notice that I always got confused with Communication Management vs Stakeholder Management, therefore I spent sometime on it to make all the concept clear and be extra careful with what the questions is asking.

Hope these help and best of luck!

Passed my PMP exam yesterday 6 years 2 months ago #13350

• Dulce M Brumfield
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What PMP Exam Simulator did you use?

Passed my PMP exam yesterday 6 years 2 months ago #13356

• Robin Leung
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Dulce M Brumfield wrote: What PMP Exam Simulator did you use?

I used the simulator from this site
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login