fbpx

Reply: Passed exam on first attempt Feb 2, 2018

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed exam on first attempt Feb 2, 2018

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13315

Scott Gillard

Congrats!
6 years 1 month ago #13305

Michael Yee

Hello! I passed my PMP exam on my first writing on Feb 2, 2018; here is a summary of my experience.

Story: In late Oct 2017 I discovered that I managed to hit the required number of hours to qualify to write the exam.

I first read the PMBOK cover to cover (excluding the Index), then started on Rita’s book & flash cards. I also had previously taped myself reading the flash cards out loud so I could listen while in transit to work (previously passed CAPM certification). In late November, I was given permission to purchase the PrepCast & exam simulator to add to my study deck to pass the test. Sadly, I ran out of time to finish viewing all of the videos & audio interviews, due to a variety of reasons, including the fact that I overestimated how much I could study during the Christmas holiday. Cornelius pointed out which video’s to skip in this thread was quite helpful.

In January, I completed 5 exam practices while simulating the writing in an exam room away from home; I only successfully passed the last one (ie, 75% score) a couple of days before the exam.

My real PMP exam score came back as: 2 above target, 2 target, and 1 Needs Improvement. Overall, on target (a high on target, apparently).

I’m writing specifically to encourage a certain set of aspirants who might be rushing though studying like me:

The same week that I came to recognized that I had enough work hours to take the PMP exam, my wife and I learned that we were expecting our first. For those of you who are trying to juggle planning for the nursery et al while studying for the PMP, it is possible. Though, you might not be able to study everything that you planned to originally study on the weekends because you're assisting the mum-to-be. Take Cornelius's linked suggestion above if you need to.

Good luck, you can do it :)

Best, Michael

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login