fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PASSED PMP First attempt, Here's how...

PASSED PMP First attempt, Here's how... 6 years 3 months ago #13009

• ALI3726
  • ALI3726's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took the PMP exam today Jan. 27, 2018. I was thrilled to see Congratulations when finishing exam with three above target performance and two target performance. I studied for about four months by reading Andy Crowe book chapter to chapter. I then subscribed to PM prepcast around December and took simulator every weekend and took 7 simulator exams until day of exam.
Based on my overall experience with PMP preparation, I strongly suggest reading PMBOK guide thoroughly and then practicing PM Prepcast exams. Although Andy Crowe is a good book to start for PMP, it doesn’t cover many important concepts in PMBOK. No book is more comprehensive and has explained concepts in-depth than PMBOK. During my PM Prepcast simulator, I realized so many things in PMBOK that is not covered in Andy Crowe’s. So I suggest if you read Rita or other references, also read through PMBOK in the end to have a complete grasp of PM processes.

About exam, Honestly I felt exam was tough. Although practicing PM Prepcast helped a lot in gaining experience how to deal with real exam but I found exam different and more challenging. The questions are generally shorter but ambiguously written and you are required to choose the best answer. Some questions were designed in a way you couldn’t distinguish if it’s a risk management or quality management knowledge area. There were quite a lot of questions that you were left with two correct answers and you ought to choose from two based on your judgement and help from real-world knowledge of project management and experience. So be ready for it and don't stress out, just apply best of your knowledge...

I didn’t do a brain dump and I believe it’s a waste of time. There were maximum of two or three EV questions so don’t invest your time writing formulas that you don’t see whole lot of questions. Trust your brain.

My PMP Prepcast simulators result came as follows

PMP Exam 2: 74%
PMP Exam 3: 81%
PMP Exam 4: 78%
PMP Exam 5: 77%
PMP Exam 6: 78%
PMP Exam 7: 80%
PMP Exam 9: 96%

My real exam:

Overall Performance : Above Target
Initiating: Above Target
Planning: Above Target
Executing: Target
Monitoring and Controlling: Above Target
Closing: Target

Hope this helps and good luck your journey to be a PMP...

PASSED PMP First attempt, Here's how... 6 years 3 months ago #13040

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear ALI3726,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the valuable inputs that you submitted through our simulator Live Feedback™ support feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Now it’s time to celebrate your success. Don't forget to start earning your PDU’s.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login