fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP Exam....My First Try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP Exam....My First Try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #12254

Scott Gillard

Congrats!
6 years 6 months ago #12252

Femi

's Avatar

Good day all,

I passed my exam the other Friday -13 Oct. 2017 with overall 'Above Target', getting 3 'Above Targets' in the weightier areas of Planning, Monitoring & Controlling and Executing and 'Targets' in Initiation and Closing. Rita was my main text for the exam - read it twice. I cross referenced Andy Crowe which is more concise and direct and glanced through the PMBOK briefly - about 5% of my total reading time and read the glossary. Before reading Rita I had listened to the whole PM Prepcast videos over a year earlier but now listened to some selected videos after scheduling my exam - it is the easier-to-digest or semi-solid form of the dry PMBOK guide. I completed 6 exams (excluding the ITTOs) in the Simulator and scored about 81% on the average and always revise all the questions including those I got right. I resorted to Rita for my lowest scoring knowledge areas after every Simulator exam. Practiced all calculation questions in Aileen Ellis books on Earned Value and Contract (Procurement) calculations - though there were a lot less calculations than I anticipated. On my commute to work, I listened to The Portable PMP Exam Prep: Conversations on Passing the PMP Exam several times over in my car.

While you may get a few things better going through many texts, mastering Rita and doing the Simulator exams are enough for the exam;
scoring around 80% in the Simulator - at the first attempt - gives one a good chance to pass the exam, but finish your reading before attempting the exam.

Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login