fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP Exam....My First Try

Passed my PMP Exam....My First Try 6 years 6 months ago #12252

• Femi
  • Femi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good day all,

I passed my exam the other Friday -13 Oct. 2017 with overall 'Above Target', getting 3 'Above Targets' in the weightier areas of Planning, Monitoring & Controlling and Executing and 'Targets' in Initiation and Closing. Rita was my main text for the exam - read it twice. I cross referenced Andy Crowe which is more concise and direct and glanced through the PMBOK briefly - about 5% of my total reading time and read the glossary. Before reading Rita I had listened to the whole PM Prepcast videos over a year earlier but now listened to some selected videos after scheduling my exam - it is the easier-to-digest or semi-solid form of the dry PMBOK guide. I completed 6 exams (excluding the ITTOs) in the Simulator and scored about 81% on the average and always revise all the questions including those I got right. I resorted to Rita for my lowest scoring knowledge areas after every Simulator exam. Practiced all calculation questions in Aileen Ellis books on Earned Value and Contract (Procurement) calculations - though there were a lot less calculations than I anticipated. On my commute to work, I listened to The Portable PMP Exam Prep: Conversations on Passing the PMP Exam several times over in my car.

While you may get a few things better going through many texts, mastering Rita and doing the Simulator exams are enough for the exam;
scoring around 80% in the Simulator - at the first attempt - gives one a good chance to pass the exam, but finish your reading before attempting the exam.

Thank you.

Passed my PMP Exam....My First Try 6 years 6 months ago #12254

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login