fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP exam on first attempt @17th Oct'17

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP exam on first attempt @17th Oct'17

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12238

Kok Wai Lai

's Avatar

Hello,

For Change Request questions, please refer following scenarios that I remembered from the exam:-

1. Stakeholder request features change at the late stage of the project under over budget, behind budget etc. You have to decide to:-
==> Accept CR or Reject CR
==> Escalate to sponsor
==> Refer to CCB

Note :
a. The questions will ask a different type of change request. Of course, if it is lack of benefit or not clear cost-benefit (gold plating type) of CR, you can consider rejecting it in my opinions.

b. Majority of them can refer to CCB board. I remember there is one question with 2 very tricky answers to chose on CR handling:-
==> A. Refer to CCB board
==> B. Perform Integration Change Control

Note:
It took me a while to decide which answer based on that scenario.

2. In sum, the different CR scenario can be related following combination I believe, others can add if you have other thoughts.
==> A. Influence Power of the CR requester - what if a super important stakeholder requesting CR, how do you handle the situation?
==> B. Status Quo of the project - Late/Early/Under budget/Over budget, how do you handle unexpected CR?
==> C. Blocking CR, meaning customer will decline deliverables acceptance if it is not added, how do you handle it?
==> D. What is the right PM process to handle CR?

Note:-
1. As mentioned in my first msg. Strongly encourage you to develop own DFD diagram for change request management. Like following:-

a. Which process group generates CR ? It is coming from Executing/Control/Planning (Plan Procurement)
b. Then CR goes to Perform Integration Change Control process to generate Approved/Reject CR (Also updating change log etc)
c. Then the Approved CR goes to Control Quality/Control Procurement & Direct & Manage Project Work

Hope this help.

John, keep it up. You will nail it for sure. Cheers.
6 years 5 months ago #12232

John

Kok Wai Lai well done and your right on target with your review of the exam. I took the exam today and failed. But I have to say I knew better and should have re-scheduled.
Getting back home and some time to think I'm more fired up than ever to get back to studying, taking practice exams and taking the test again and passing!
6 years 5 months ago #12230

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi

Could you advise what are the possible scenarios that would touch on the subject of change requests and change management? Any specific areas of the PMBOK that we should pay more attention to for this?

Any other areas or topics that you consider important for review?
6 years 5 months ago #12228

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Lai/Everyone,

Based on your learning, could you kindly advise what are the possible scenarios to cover to master the change request management area. For ex. which sections of the PMBOK to cover w.r.t change request management, etc.

Are the questions on change request straight forward or tricky?
6 years 5 months ago #12222

Laura Mentgen

I agree with feedback number 1. Degree of trickiness is much higher.
6 years 5 months ago #12221

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Kok Wai Lai,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam. Thank you for your valuable suggestions. Such suggestions help us in our continuous improvement efforts.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login