fbpx

Reply: Passed on my first try 10/6/17

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my first try 10/6/17

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12241

Jason

's Avatar

Thank you so much! :)
6 years 5 months ago #12165

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Jason,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 5 months ago #12132

Jason

's Avatar

I just passed my PMP certification today on my first try!!! I did better than I expected to!!! Overall I scored in the "above target" range. I got "above target" in all of the processes except initiating which was "needs improvement". I was so excited to have passed on my first try!

Overall, the exam was a bit easier than I expected. All my preparation was done in the last month. I submitted my application a year ago and really procrastinated on scheduling and preparing for the exam. I read the PMBOK once, highlighted key points, then went thru it again, focusing on my highlighted areas. I did several mock exams, which I was getting around 70% on. Therefore, I wasn't super confident going into it. However, I stayed relaxed and kept a positive attitude going to the test center. My brain dump just consisted of 13 formulas which were helpful as there were several math questions...mostly EVM.

Most of the questions are situational, like "you are the PM and an engineer identified a defect in the product being developed. What step should you take next to resolve the issue". Very straightforward based on the content and processes in the PMBOK.

Good luck to everyone!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login