fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt with 5 Above Target

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt with 5 Above Target

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12128

Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)

Jefrey,
Congratulations on your PMP success.

Cheers!!!
6 years 6 months ago #12046

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Jefrey,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 6 months ago #12044

Jefrey Teo

's Avatar

I was introduced to PM Prepcast by a colleague and was impressed by its ease of use.
I started the lessons in early June 2017, listening on most of my weekday nights, after my 2 children are asleep .
Indeed, the journey of studying and coping with the demand of work and family is not easy but it is definitely worth every effort as the knowledge I gained from these lessons and books helped me in my work and in passing the exam.

Other than the online lessons from PM Prepcast, I subscribed to the Exam Simulator and used Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep.
I started to read Rita's in mid Aug after having listened to the online lessons once and decided to give myself a timeline to complete PMP by booking for the exams date on 21 Sept.

Once the exam date is confirmed, I target to complete at least 4 to 5 times of the exams simulator. As I need to allocateabout 4hrs for each exams, I need to take leave off my work in order to complete them. These exams simulator really helped to fill up the gaps in my knowledge areas. Each exams I took, I gained new knowledge and filled the gaps. Knowing the answers also helped me to understand the reasoning behind and the way the actual exams will be. I have read through the Rita's book at least 1 time and kept referring to the PMBOK guide for understanding the terms used by PMP.

I prepared and completed the exams within 4 months and am thankful for encouraging colleagues.
My initial reaction to people completing the exams within 3 months seemed so impossible but now I think it is possible if you set your focus and time to complete these tasks ahead before the actual exams.

Hope you will try through on your first try too!
God bless!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login