fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on 1st try with Above Target across the board

Passed PMP on 1st try with Above Target across the board 6 years 6 months ago #11975

• Esther Fournier
  • Esther Fournier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I passed my PMP yesterday, scoring Above Target in every area!

I exclusively used PrepCast materials. I went through all podcasts at least once. I went through the formula tutorial study guide and did all those questions 3-4 times each. I did all 9 of the 4hr practice exams in the simulator, plus spent hours on end doing shorter quizzes. Much of my improvement came from reviewing questions I got wrong to really understand the detailed explanations. By the end I had both completed all 1800 questions and retested all the ones I got incorrect on the first try.

I also downloaded and went through the PMBOK 5th ed guide available on member site. I predominately focused on areas I did not understand and made sure I really grasped all tables and t&ds. I also did homemade flash cards for myself on terms, ITTOs and formulas. The last 2-3 weeks of study, I practiced writing my brain dump at least daily so I know it cold and could get it out in 10mins flat. I tried some of the questions available in free apps but did not care for them. In the end, I stuck with PrepCast materials and worked my plan. I highly recommend their tools; they served me well.

Esther Fournier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Last edit: by Esther Fournier.

Passed PMP on 1st try with Above Target across the board 6 years 6 months ago #11991

• Jada Garrett
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Congratulations Esther! I also tried some of the free PMP apps, but after using PrepCast, the free apps just weren't helpful.
Jada Garrett, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed PMP on 1st try with Above Target across the board 6 years 6 months ago #12045

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello and congrats!
Can you please share the link to this simulator?
Thanks in advance

Passed PMP on 1st try with Above Target across the board 6 years 6 months ago #12047

• Esther Fournier
  • Esther Fournier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Agreed. PMP Simulator was great!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login