fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP examination - cleared!

PMP examination - cleared! 6 years 7 months ago #11902

• DG GD
  • DG GD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

Today, I passed my PMP examination with a above target grade. I wanted to share my experience with all of you and what I've done to get there. I started with PMBOK ( which I don't necessarily think was wise). Next, Rita Mulcahy exam prep book. Next, Velociteach.com for online boot camp and turorials (very helpful btw!). Polished it off with with prepcast pmp simulator. Did 8 out of 9 test, scored average of 82%. Good luck everyone! This was quite a journey!

PMP examination - cleared! 6 years 7 months ago #11946

• Jada Garrett
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
congrats DG, why wouldn't you recommend starting with PMBOK? I'm curious to know.
Jada Garrett, PMP
Community Moderator

PMP examination - cleared! 6 years 7 months ago #11953

• DG GD
  • DG GD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Jada,

I felt that reading PMBOK first was unproductive, because the material laid in it is raw for beginners. Supplemental books such by Rita Mulcahy or Diane Altweiss are better to start with and then definitely polish off with PMBOK.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login