fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I am a PMP, Aug'17

I am a PMP, Aug'17 6 years 6 months ago #11724

• Suhas S
  • Suhas S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
PMP is really a tough target unless you know the flavor of real exam questions. I am not putting here my detailed journey of study. As every body does even I studied PMBOK 2-3 times, took some mocks etc.. I am here to share my actual exam experience.
No. 1 - A non native English speaker might find the language tougher when compared to mocks.
No. 2 - Most of the questions were not related to my field of profession, so you need to be prepared for jargons of other industry which makes you get nervous.
No. 3 - Hardly 10-15 moderately easy(which test your deep understanding) numerical questions appeared, where you need to score 10/10
No. 4 - Questions tests your knowledge on the documents, reports, plans and their contents. Have a personal flow chart of data. Know what document/report/plan precedes what document/report/plan.
No. 5 - You need to imagine a worst situation in your project and answer yourself what immediate action you take next or what document you refer first or whom you report this to etc. These are the kind of questions you can expect in the real exam.
No. 6 - Remember most of the mocks help in making you sure that you know the content of the PMBOK but real exam has the application part of it. So, choose mocks that tests your application skills.
No. 7 - No questions will be simple and direct. Every questions will have a situation (tricky and tough situations you rarely face in real world) and asks your opinion.

Lastly I thank PM PrepCast for being a part in my PMP journey.

I am a PMP, Aug'17 6 years 6 months ago #11749

• Aung Sint
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Dear Suhas,

Congratulations on passing PMP exam and sharing lessons learned. Best of luck with your career!
Best regards,
Aung K. Sint, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login