fbpx

Reply: My lessons learned about PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My lessons learned about PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #11750

Aung Sint

Dear Alena,

Congratulations on passing PMP exam and sharing lessons learned. Best of luck with your career!
6 years 6 months ago #11715

Alena Marcalle Mekhnina

Hello!

I have passed a PMP exam on 29th of August in Barcelona. First of all, thanks a lot for Prepcast and Exam Simulator! These two tools combined were really helpful for my studies.

I began with listening through all the lessons of the Prepcast whenever I could find some quiet time. English is not my native language so I found some new words and needed to listen again some lessons to make sure everything is clear to me.

Probably less than 3 months before the exam I began listening through a Prepcast again and reading Rita´s book along the way: Prepcast´s chapter + same chapter of Rita´s book. I went through all the exercises and mini exams for every subject and reviewed all wrong and right answers to tests.

Last month before taking a test, I started with a simulator. I was reviewing all answers wrong and right there as well which helped me a lot to set my mind how to answer exam questions. I did 11 exams and began scoring over 80 % from a third exam.

Here is a short list of tips from me:
1. Make some time to prepare. It is really important to study well to be able to answer exam questions, they are no joke!
2. Do not memorize ITTOs, you need to understand what should be used when and why. This understanding comes mainly from studying and practicing.
3. Do memorize the formulas and practice them. I even reviewed again some lessons and redid some exercises until I was sure that I have no more questions.
4. Make sure you are mentally ready for a long exam and prepare some strategy how you can answer all the questions in time and also have time to review your answers.

I wish you all good luck with your studies and hope this information will be helpful!

Best regards,

Alena

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login