fbpx

Reply: From Bill Rouck, PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : From Bill Rouck, PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 5 months ago #662

Dominick LoGalbo

I passed the exam on August 24th

The PREPCAST was pivotal for my success, reading the PMBOK 3 times helped out, for the knowledge based question that were right out of the PMBOK.
I want to thank Cornelius for the PREPCAST it is a great tool for the passing the exam successfully, for me made the difference since I had taking the exam a previous time before discovering the PREPCAST .

Thank you.
was
14 years 6 months ago #623

Conrado Cuevas

's Avatar

Bill Rouck, PMP sent us the following lessons learned:

Date: September 24, 2009

I passed my PMP exam just this morning and wanted to pass on my personal thanks for the PM PrepCast™. It was an invaluable tool, and really helped me internalize the concepts of the PMBOK® Guide for the exam.

I am a software developer that leads very small teams, and even though I was not required to take the exam, I decided it would be great to study the PMBOK® standard to better manage my own projects as well as communicate better with other project and program managers. I am probably not the typical PMP® exam candidate in that regard. I wanted to achieve the certification simply as an endpoint to the process of studying the standard to make sure I was well-versed in it.

I actually went through the PrepCast twice --- once in the order you provided it, and again after a boot camp week where the instructor provided a chart with some rough chronological ordering of processes (not absolutely chronological as the process areas are not, but roughly grouped by the process areas in a rough order) and I listened to the PrepCast in the order given there for extra reinforcement (thanks for separating out the process areas into separate presentations!).

Thanks also for the exam tips on really scoping out the test facility before the day of the exam. One week ago I was clicking through the Prometric website and happened to re-print my exam date confirmation, and the address given there was different than the address of my original confirmation. Oops...I called Prometric and learned the test center had moved that week, and not even Prometric's customer service could tell me for sure right away where I was supposed to appear for the exam. The voice mail of the test center even gave the "old" location. I drove by the "old" location and it was locked up, no one there. I don't know that I would have known where to go or what to do come exam date had I not done that legwork, as I never got a notice saying the location had changed until I asked them to send me a new confirmation. That would not have been a good start to my exam day experience :) I have two coworkers who still have to take the exam at this test center and needless to say they were VERY thankful to know of the change I had discovered on my own.

If you need "fresh version 4.0" PMP exam people for future PrepCast interviews, please let me know as I would be delighted to contribute. Thanks again so much for your product, it did WAY more for me than the boot camp week (the boot camp seemed like "review" after having gone through the PrepCast) and I heartily recommend it to all of my colleagues interested in pursuing the certification. The cost is VERY reasonable and offers so much.

Thanks to you and kudos for such a great product!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login