fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Exam Preparation Information

PMP Exam Preparation Information 14 years 6 months ago #612

• Greg Ohnmacht
  • Greg Ohnmacht's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello PM Prepcast,

Here is what I did to prepare.

• Completed PMBOK at least once. 4th Edition now required
• Purchased the PMP Prep Cast on MP3. This is a must have!
• I had taken several online Sample Tests. The PM Precast website has links to free tests and you can find several by using Google.
• Completed Andrew Crowe – How to Pass the PMP on your first try. ( Now requires 4th Edition of PMBOK)
• Reviewed O’Reilly – Heads First PMP (Requires new version of 4th edition PMBOK)online test examples:
www.headfirstlabs.com/PMP/pmp_exam/v1/quiz.html
press.oreilly.com/pub/pr/2371
• Purchased a Exam Simulation Software. I had purchased Rita Malcahy exam prep.
www.rmcproject.com/
• Had taken about six 4hrs Mock exams prior to the real exam
• Kept track of all my mock exam scores – I was averaging around 75% -77%
• Read PMI’s code of Ethics at www.PMI.com
• Became a member of PMI

• Study Method:

I had studied 3hrs during weekdays and 8hrs between Saturday and Sunday for 2 to 3 months straight. I had taken only one day off. What really helped me was the PMP Prep Cast because it presented the PMBOK very well on MP3. The key is to consistency study follow your plan until exam day. Finally, I had taken the night off before the day of the exam.

Sincerely,
Greg Ohnmacht
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login