fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam 5P (3 Months)

Passed Exam 5P (3 Months) 6 years 9 months ago #11081

• Jitesh
  • Jitesh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Quick drive by lessons learned here. A more detailed overview of how I passed is on my web site .

The materials I used were:

PM PrepCast
PM Formulas
PM Exam Simulator
Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep
Rita Mulcahy's Hot Topics Flash Cards
PMBOK Guide
PMI Coded of Ethics
PMI Practice Standards
PMP Exam Content Outline

What went well:
* I passed with 5 Ps! :)
* Watch all overviews, then take self assessment (give yourself a good baseline and confidence, you already know you don't know the content yet, otherwise you wouldn't be learning it)
* For each section, watch videos, read PMBOK Guide, read Exam Prep
* Once you begin to start doing practice exams, keep a log of your gaps as you review the exams. Study those gaps and review that list to make sure you now know those areas
* Full practice exams

What I'd do differently:
* I would not skip the Project Integration Management videos. I'd do that first then repeat it after finishing Project Stakeholder Management. I always felt as if I was missing some information that would be helpful to know.
* Apply for PMP sooner. Once I had my application approved, my options to take the exam were the next day, in 3 weeks or in 8 weeks. I was looking for about 5 weeks and took 3 weeks because I didn't want to wait 8 weeks, I did not complete all the practice exams as a result.

What didn't go well:
* Studying took 2x longer than I expected. I thought I'd be done in 4-5 weeks, instead it was 8-9 weeks

My last tip is find what works for you. The key is learning the processes. If you do these things in your work, it's easy to relate and learn it. If you don't do it, maybe try and do it. Never had a Project Charter? After you review that process, why not make one? It doesn't have to be as detailed as a real one, but just make on for a project you worked on recently/currently. Never done risk management? Go through the 6 processes and create the outputs and perform the tools and techniques. You are going to remember them a lot better. Find the best way for you to retain the knowledge for these processes. The vast majority of the exam is all on this. If you know and understand the processes, you're going to pass the exam.

Good luck to future PMP aspirants!

Passed Exam 5P (3 Months) 6 years 9 months ago #11084

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Jitesh,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login