fbpx

Reply: Passed Third Edition on first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Third Edition on first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 6 months ago #600

Anthony Lolas, PMP

's Avatar

The PMPrepCast was one of the most valuable resources in my studies. I wish I had found it first but was introduced to it in conjunction with a live training because it .

The extras that were included in the prepcast (accounting terms and management backgrounds) were great but I did some internet searches on the names of the thinkers and found a few others. I was glad that I put in the effort to read the others because it payed off on exam day. Here is a good site: http://www.skymark.com/resources/leaders/biomain.asp

I suggest listening to the entire course twice once in the order that it was presented (by knowledge area) and then again by process group (which is the order that you do things in real life. Listening by process group brought the relationships of the ITTOs into better focus.

I also did as many practice questions as I could find. I think that was also a big help. I also reviewed the Rita book and it was another good resource.

A couple final suggestions for "practice tests found in books or online” that I would give. First, and this is true in life as well, learn the formulas cold and do your own math from the root. Do not assume that rounding in an index will not alter the result to an estimate. Second, take the time to be able to reproduce the chart of knowledge area and process group, now PMBOK page 43. I used it as a reference on a few occasions during the exam and was glad I had calmly written it out during the brain dump rather than only relying on memory in the heat of the moment with the clock ticking.

Good Luck to all, it was intense.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login