fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I passed the PMP exam

I passed the PMP exam 6 years 10 months ago #10823

• Santosh Chopade
  • Santosh Chopade's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the exam on May-16th-2017. I am working in IT for more than 10+ years. Rita Mulcahy PMP Exam book and online videos on you tube helped me to understand some of the key concepts.
I did not memorize inputs and outputs, but did take time to re-read through them a number of times in the days before the exam so I could recognize the difference between inputs, outputs, tools and techniques, process and nonexistent terms the exam may throw at me. In order to get through the Input/Output, Tools and Technique questions I would use logic of knowing the order of the process and what would likely be needed and created in each.
Mock tests from PM PrepCast helped me to boost my confidence level. Thanks prep cast team!
I felt that the questions in the real PMP exam are bit more challenging as compared to the questions in the mock exams. I got lots of mathematics questions on earned value management (EVM) in real exam. I would suggest PMPrepcast team to include lots of math questions on EVM so that new students can ready and face these types of questions in the real exam. Unfortunately i could not able to find a time to review my answers in the real exam. Somehow i was able to finish all questions on time. So please keep an eye on your speed while answering the questions in the real exam.
I would suggest reading PMPBOk guide twice cover to cover and being familiar with ITTOs for all processes. Everything in PMPBOK is very important including glossary. Give at least 4-5 quality mock exams and make sure you are scoring 75% and above in those mock exams. Good Luck!

Again thanks PrepCast Team!

I passed the PMP exam 6 years 10 months ago #10827

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login