fbpx

Reply: PMP - Lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP - Lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 6 months ago #594

Deepti

's Avatar

I cleared the PMP exam on June 26th in the first attempt. I had subscribed to PMprepcast by Cornelius Fichtner. I tried reading the PMBOK first but found it to be too boring and lost interest. Then I started with Headfirst PMP which has a far easier approach to PMP. This book gave me a basic understanding of the various topics involved. After this I found that using the PMprepcast in conjunction with the PMBOK, made reading the PMBOK a lot more interesting. I also read Rita's book twice. Read Rita and PMBOK simultaneously the second time. Took free tests available on the internet. You can check PMZilla.com for links to these websites. Finally I read the PMBOK for the third time and enrolled for 4 full length exams on pmstudy.com.

During the whole process I kept personal notes as I studied each book and also prepared a formula sheet. I also included correct answers to all the questions I got wrong during the practice tests. On the day before the exam, I just read through my personal notes, practiced drawing the process chart and brain dump sheet. I would advise you to stop taking tests about 3 days before the exam. Taking tests just a day or 2 before the exam will only add to stress levels.

During the exam I noticed that there were a lot of questions from the following topics -

[Topics removed by Moderator. As a PMP and PMP aspirant we agree not to discuss detailed information about the PMP Exam.]

Make sure that you take a small break during the test. Grab a small snack and get back to the test. I did this and it helped relieve a lot of stress and I was able to concentrate well till the end of the test and clear it!

All the Best to you!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login