fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lessons Learned Exam Passed on 1st Try May 17th 2017 - Improvement of the Exam Simulator Focus

Lessons Learned Exam Passed on 1st Try May 17th 2017 - Improvement of the Exam Simulator Focus 6 years 11 months ago #10605

• IVAN PLAZAS
  • IVAN PLAZAS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I approached the PMI's PM Standard not to obtain the certifications in the 1st hand but to understand it, compare it with me previous PM experience and in the 2nd hand of course obtain the PMP Certification, as a natural achievement of an acknowledgement acquisition. That's why I would advise the people who want to apprehend the philosophy, methodology and practice to begin by the beginning. This means by CAPM. I followed University of Florida CAPM training course, the advantage is that it allows you to raise up a Project from scratch by using the PMI's standard. This will allow you to practice the acquired theoretical knowledge and understanding in the real life what the PMI's standard ask you put in practice (6 Months).

After that, I worked with the PMP Prep-Cast Online Course to acquire in a very deep way the concepts, relations, process, activities and follow-ups of the body of knowledge.This took me 4 months. The course is to be approached in the 1st place with Modules 01 to 03. Once it's understood, you read the overviews of all of the Knowledge Areas. once understood you can do the preliminary assessment and see how much is to be done further. Study properly and deeply each KA. Keep screens shots of the most important facts. At the end of Module 05, review the previous screen shots so as to keep the knowledge alive. Do the same thing after Module 10. Do the KA assessment at the end of each KA and at the end of Modules 05 and 10.

Use in parallel PMP Exam prep from SSI Logic, by doing every 2 days 50 questions tests. Do the Final Assessment of the Online Course. If you obtain an score above 70% then pass to the Prep Cast Exam Simulator. Below this scoring, it will take much more efforts to scoring well at the PMP Simulator.

Once in the Simulator pass a 1st Exam in full. It will allow you to see your timing, timing gain/hour performed and the lacks you have to fulfill in each KA and each process group. Perform individual tests (50Q each) in each KA and Process group until your scoring is above 70%. After that, perform your 2nd full Exam, your scoring shall be more than 70% and you have to obtain a 15min gain/hour. Perform another batch of individual tests until your scoring is above 80%. Perform your 3rd Full Exam, your score should be above this level. If you obtain more than 80% in a row of 3 full exams, then you are ready.

The Exam I passed today contained very very few ITTOs related questions, less than 10 questions had to do with PERT, EVM, PDM, or financial analysis. Most of the questions were context related questions. A lot of stakeholder and closing related questions. After 2 hours I was not sure to pass it, very few time gaining 10mins/hour only. I had only time to 40mins necessary to solve the unanswered questions and the marked ones as well. I got 10 mins free at the end of the exam, so I advise you to answer as much as possible ASAP. All calculations and long questions mark them and let them to the final review.

I read in the forum that other guys found out almost the same type of exam, therefore, it would be suitable that the Simulator take on account 2 facts: 1. the complexity of new scoring and 2. much more related contextual situations.

I got following results:
Initiating to Executing and Closing: Moderately Proficient
M-C: Proficient

Obtaining only the Certification Exam without a structured practice of the PMI's standard won't allow you to obtain the Maximum benefit of the Knowledge Acquiring...Indeed it would be a shame that after 90 days you forget more than 50% of the acquired knowledge, coz you only prepared to pass an Exam...Up to You to choose which approach you want to do.

Finally I wanted to thank Cornelius and all the staff for providing a wide range of so useful and professional products to all of us.

Lessons Learned Exam Passed on 1st Try May 17th 2017 - Improvement of the Exam Simulator Focus 6 years 11 months ago #10618

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login