fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP on May 10th, first attempt

Passed the PMP on May 10th, first attempt 6 years 11 months ago #10557

• Steven Peterson
  • Steven Peterson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the exam today. My advice:
1) READ the exam outline. This is critical. Understand what is actually on the exam and create a study plan to cover every topic
2) Make a watered down outline from the PMBOK guide for each knowledge area with your personal interpretation. Review every day.
3) Take ALL the practice exams through the PM Exam Simulator. Practice, practice, practice.
4) Get a good study guide along with the PM precast.
5) KNOW ALL THE 7 basic quality tools...Pareto charts, control charts, scatter diagrams, etc.
6) MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND CRITICAL PATH, along with ES, EF, LS, LF, total float and free float. There were a LOT of time management questions.
7) Know the risk management processes. There were tons of risk questions.
8 - I was able to do a brain dump, I recommend at least doing a brain dump just before the exam
9) Make your own data flow diagram of all the ITTO's and make sure you understand the difference between work performance data, information, and reports, and how these interact.

Passed the PMP on May 10th, first attempt 6 years 11 months ago #10562

• Yashobanta Pothal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulation Steven, Thank you for sharing the valuable stuff.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login