fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lesson's Learned from my PMP exam preparation

Lesson's Learned from my PMP exam preparation 7 years 3 days ago #10466

• Varun Dogar
  • Varun Dogar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I just passed my PMP examination last week. I would like to complement PM Prepcast, PMP Exam Simulator and PMP Formula guide which served as excellent basis to ensure that I have the knowledge base to prepare for the exam. The following are some of the lessons learned:

1. Tools and Techniques especially for the Project Quality Management area need to be understood with some examples. In some cases more than one T&T is applicable and to distinguish, you will need to know a little more detail.

2. I used an app called PMP summary on my iphone for the ITTO. It serves as excellent means to compile the ITTO by Knowledge Areas and has an in built search function. The key would be to not memorize but use this summary app and then try and explain the purpose of ITTOs in your mind. I went back to the study material in PM Prepcast to understand where I could not give a reasonable explanation of why or what the ITTO was about.

3. Short notes while studying with key words would go a long way to revise before the exam date. PMP prepcast formula single page guide is excellent to summarize the formula portions.

4. Use the quiz section of the PMP Exam simulator after you have given all the 9 exams to answer questions you got wrong or sort with other options available. It is really helpful to understand why you got a question wrong by going through the explanations in the simulator.

5. Always remember to review all the answers after you complete an exam in simulator, even the ones which are correct. A lot of time, I had guessed some questions and the explanation given for the ones I got correct was helpful in getting better understanding.

6. If you have time, please go through the interviews in the PM prepcast. They were excellent in explaining some of the concepts and a break from reading PMBOK guide or prepcast lessons itself providing real life experiences of experts.

Please note that BRAIN DUMP is not allowed prior to PMP examination (at least in the exam centre where I took exam) as opposed to some of the earlier lessons / interviews in the prepcast. If you really want to carry out brain dump, it would be better to do so in first 5 mins after your exam starts without looking at any questions. It would be worth to do so in case you need to refer to the same later in the exam.

Make use of highlight, cross and mark functions as far as possible to maximize your chances of success. Good luck !!

Lesson's Learned from my PMP exam preparation 7 years 3 days ago #10471

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login