fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam on first try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam on first try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 1 month ago #10264

Venkata Surya Sagi

Congratulations!! and all the best.
Thanks for your feedback.
7 years 1 month ago #10259

Thomas Ragusa

Today I passed the PMP exam on my first try. I earned 4 MP's and 1 P. As I was taking the exam, I fluctuated from thinking the questions were easy to challenging to just poorly worded with an ambiguous set of answers. I suppose that the ambiguity was really just a lack of depth of knowledge on my part, but I performed to my standards regardless. Hoping for career advancement/promotion or a new pathway with this certification.

My preparation:
1. Read PMBOK once and reviewed it several more times as a reference.
2. Used Rita's book as a reference and answered questions. I didn't love the format and actually thought that the PMBOK was an easier read. I think I am in the minority with this opinion given the positive responses her book has received.
3. Answered a lot of free questions online and used a few other simulators.
4. Answered every question in this simulator at least once (average of 83% on first attempts) and then reviewed questions answered incorrectly.

For me, the most important part of my preparation was doing question after question and reading in the PMBOK when I missed. I appreciated the page references to the book - this enabled me to go directly to the section I needed to reread. A special thanks to this website and the challenging questions, I would have not passed without it! I would say that this is just about as good as it gets regarding cost performance! THANKS!!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login