fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam on first try!

Passed PMP exam on first try! 7 years 1 month ago #10259

• Thomas Ragusa
  • Thomas Ragusa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Today I passed the PMP exam on my first try. I earned 4 MP's and 1 P. As I was taking the exam, I fluctuated from thinking the questions were easy to challenging to just poorly worded with an ambiguous set of answers. I suppose that the ambiguity was really just a lack of depth of knowledge on my part, but I performed to my standards regardless. Hoping for career advancement/promotion or a new pathway with this certification.

My preparation:
1. Read PMBOK once and reviewed it several more times as a reference.
2. Used Rita's book as a reference and answered questions. I didn't love the format and actually thought that the PMBOK was an easier read. I think I am in the minority with this opinion given the positive responses her book has received.
3. Answered a lot of free questions online and used a few other simulators.
4. Answered every question in this simulator at least once (average of 83% on first attempts) and then reviewed questions answered incorrectly.

For me, the most important part of my preparation was doing question after question and reading in the PMBOK when I missed. I appreciated the page references to the book - this enabled me to go directly to the section I needed to reread. A special thanks to this website and the challenging questions, I would have not passed without it! I would say that this is just about as good as it gets regarding cost performance! THANKS!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Duong Quach

Passed PMP exam on first try! 7 years 1 month ago #10264

• Venkata Surya Sagi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations!! and all the best.
Thanks for your feedback.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login