fbpx

Reply: I am a PMP - from first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I am a PMP - from first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 3 months ago #9732

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Congratulations Maria on passing the exam! Thank you for sharing your experience and lessons learned.
Cheers,
Mark
7 years 3 months ago #9723

Maria Ward

's Avatar

After a few months of self-studying part time I have passed the PMP exam from the first try. I used prep-cast, simulation exams and Rita's prep book primarily. I did read PMBOK at least once. I have memorized the 47 processes and made sure I understand how they interrelate. The simulation exams really helped to asses my knowledge level and help me learn by using the leaning quizzes targeted by subject. Once I reached 85% I felt pretty good about my chances of passing from the first try. However, I felt that the real exam was still more challenge by than the trial exams. The real test had a lot more situational questions and many scenarios to choose from, many of which sounded plausible. I kept reminding myself to think like PMBOK recommends, rather then from personal experience - which was counter intuitive and even inapplicable in real world. Thank you, PM- prepcast developers for all recommendations!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login