fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I am a PMP - from first attempt

I am a PMP - from first attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9723

• Maria Ward
  • Maria Ward's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
After a few months of self-studying part time I have passed the PMP exam from the first try. I used prep-cast, simulation exams and Rita's prep book primarily. I did read PMBOK at least once. I have memorized the 47 processes and made sure I understand how they interrelate. The simulation exams really helped to asses my knowledge level and help me learn by using the leaning quizzes targeted by subject. Once I reached 85% I felt pretty good about my chances of passing from the first try. However, I felt that the real exam was still more challenge by than the trial exams. The real test had a lot more situational questions and many scenarios to choose from, many of which sounded plausible. I kept reminding myself to think like PMBOK recommends, rather then from personal experience - which was counter intuitive and even inapplicable in real world. Thank you, PM- prepcast developers for all recommendations!

I am a PMP - from first attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9732

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Congratulations Maria on passing the exam! Thank you for sharing your experience and lessons learned.
Cheers,
Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login