fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt

Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9477

• Amer saeed Sheikh
  • Amer saeed Sheikh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Passed the PMP today in first attempt. Have to admit exam was not that difficult. I finished 10 minutes before time. These are my recommendations:

1) I did not score high in all test exams, I scored in the range of 68% to 82% in all 9 exams. I believe PMP exam was much easier than PrepCast test exams.
2) Used PMBOK and RITA books for preparation. I read both of these books at least 4 times each. PMBOK is mandatory to review
3) Lots of question revolve around Change management . " What should PM do first "
4) few questions on different T&T -
5) Many questions on Project Charter
6) By the way i was no allowed to write anything on any provided sheets before the exam , this is a new policy change !!!!!!
7) few questions on EVM, SPI, CPI, EV etc...
8) Quality , Stakeholders and Risk management, Scope management, conduct procurement process related questions were there.

I want to Thank you all ( PM PrepCast) team for your timely responses and guidance. Great Team. This is a great platform to study and prepare for the PMP exam :)
Last edit: by Mark Wuenscher, PMP. Reason: change PreCast to PrepCast

Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9479

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Amer,

Congrats on passing the exam and thank you for taking the time to post your experience and lessons learned to the forum. Best of luck as a new PMP!

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amer saeed Sheikh

Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9485

• Lawrence Li
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Actually can I try braindump before the exam? To see if there have any enforcement in the centre?
Will I be disqualified if I try so/

Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9490

• Amer saeed Sheikh
  • Amer saeed Sheikh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I was told it is not allowed anymore to write anything on the paper before the start of the exam. Policy changed 1 month ago. Plus they gave me papers and pencils 5 minutes before the exam anyways

Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9493

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Lawrence,

I would not do this. I would ask them what their policy is and would follow it strictly. You don't want to take the risk that they would kick you out for not following policy. It also would be unethical if you were aware of the new policy and just starting doing it anyway.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9498

• Lawrence Li
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Mark,

OK, thanks :)

Seems like PMP question

A. Do it
B. No, as it is not ethical
C. Can't determine
D. xxxx

haha

Lawrence

Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt 7 years 2 months ago #9690

• Oz Atu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Amer saeed Sheikh,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam. I took the exam on 12th January and also passed it.

I used Andy Crowe's Book - Pass the PMP Exam at 1st Attempt and first took written notes & read it thoroughly over 3 times. My preparation time was between 5th December 2016 and fully utilised the christmas break. The new regulation of not doing the brain dump in the tutorial time was so that candidates finish the tutorial that may contain important information for the exam.

Regards.

Passed PMP exam today ( 11th Jan 2017) in first attempt 6 years 10 months ago #10785

• Motue ariana
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Pmp exam 2017 first semester
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login