fbpx

Reply: Passed 10/5/16 but didn't feel adequately prepared

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed 10/5/16 but didn't feel adequately prepared

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 5 months ago #8561

Martha Raney Taylor

's Avatar

Absolutely agree, Mark. I did include study of the Code of Ethics.
7 years 5 months ago #8552

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

I would still be sure to study the PMI Code of Ethics for the exam even though it isn't included in the PMBOK. I don't recall any ethics specific questions on the exam but ethics were certainly imbedded in some of the questions and you needed to know how you the project manager should respond from an ethical point of view to pick the best answer.

Mark
7 years 5 months ago #8546

Ganavel Dorai Rethinam, MSc, PMP

Ganavel Dorai Rethinam, MSc, PMP's Avatar

Hi Martha,

Congratulations to you! I have to agree on how the exam focus have very heavily shifted towards situational based type of questions. Not adequately knowing the interaction between different processes will surely will surely confuse the PMP aspirants to understand the questions.
On my dumpsheet page 2, in real exam I only wrote the EVM plus the graph. Others I omitted as I was almost reaching the end of the tutorial session. I wasn't worried that much about the remaining stuff on page 2 as I have most of it at my finger tips. Like you mentioned, those are much easier formulas to recall.

Gana
7 years 5 months ago #8542

Martha Raney Taylor

's Avatar

That's a good question. Let's just say that I did not study material that was not addressed in the PMBOK or the PMI Code of Ethics, and I still passed. I noticed that I missed several questions on the Oliver Lehmann 175-question mock exam that came from additional resources, and when I went to look into the links that the answer key provided to those resources, they were broken, because PMI no longer maintains that library resource. So I said forget it. :) I can think of one exception: employee motivational Theories X, Y and Z were asked on several mock exams so I took five minutes to learn about what they are. I may have seen a question about that on the exam, but I'm not sure (mock and real questions start to blur together). I also did not review the additional practice standards that PMI publishes ( www.pmi.org/pmbok-guide-standards/framework ). I stuck to materials published by the prep course I took from Global Knowledge, materials from Cornelius Fichtner's PM Prepcast (the curriculum from this website) and some supplemental material that helped to illustrate/delineate the concepts in these materials. Hope this helps! Good luck!
7 years 5 months ago #8534

Hazem Ibrahim

congratulations , can you please advise us about the relation between the exam content outlines and the exam questions, I mean there are many topics in exam content outline which is not directly included in PMBOK knowledge areas but trainers say that still to be heavily questioned on the real exam, what is your experience about that please?
7 years 5 months ago #8529

Kevin Nason

Martha

Congratulations on Passing the Exam!

Thank you for your detailed write up on your PMP Exam experience, I know others will find this helpful!

Kevin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login