fbpx

Reply: Passed on first try on 20th July 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first try on 20th July 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 8 months ago #7831

Sanju Rajan

Thanks a lot!!
7 years 8 months ago #7816

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Sanju,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam and thank you for taking the time to post your experience and lessons learned.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 8 months ago #7815

Sanju Rajan

Passeed PMP today on 20th July 2016 at first try.

Would like to share few of things :

Since my job gives me a very less time to study, i had taken a 1 and half month leave from work work to do the studies.

1. PrepCast videos helped me to understand the concepts in PMBOK.

2. While watching PrepCast, i made notes and kept aside pmbok to do my studies. I had made notes on PMBOK, and made important notes on a notebook.

3. PrepCast formula guide was studied daily, by allocating an hour time.

4. The page 61 in PMBOK, was then next allocated an hour for preparation.

4. Had a plan written, on a book by calculating the number of hours of the videos in PrepCast. Videos of chapters which took 5 hours more were split to two days for better understanding of concepts.

5. I had done exams on PrepCast exam simulator and Rita, which was really helpful. Would like to give a feedback regarding the simulator to have a strikeout and highlight function. Most of the exam question i faced, this two functionality helped me to get the right answer - almost most of the questions. The striked out and highlighted words remained even after going through the next question and during final review of the questions so that this would be helpful during final reviews. The answers were in PrepCast simulator with detailed answers helped a lot. The best understanding that provides for some answers on why the particular option is wrong was really helpful.

6. The score card from the simulator for each exams were put in an excel and checked, to check which particular areas i had to develop giving priorities as per the percentage. Then ITTO Quiz exams were taken on the weak areas.

7. I didn't study any ITTO's byheart but - while studying each chapter i went through the ITTO's and studied it once. The next day i took a paper and started writing the ITTO's. The ones i forgot, i concentrated so that i then understand why the one i missed out is actually not present and understand it in detail. Like for example for identify stakeholders i missed procurements, which then its concept was read. This was done during the one hour allocated in the 4th step.

8. The one thing that helped me in the exam was that, i kept a watch on the counter while doing exams in simulator. 50 to 75 questions to be done in an hour to keep track where i was during exams.

9. Didn't take any breaks during my exam. Final reviews during the exams are really helpful and will help in identifying any wrong answers.

10. Books read PMBOK oncewhile watching PrepCast and then Rita once. Rita questions at the end of each chapter were done. Questions and pre course assesment questions of PrepCast were attended. Andy crowe questions on the final page were attended.

11. Dump sheet was created during the start of the exam. The dump sheet is created during the exam preparation so that it would be easy to be created during the exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login