fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam 6th of June at the first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam 6th of June at the first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 6 months ago #8269

Hazem Ibrahim

Thanks Wessam , God bless you I'm currently at Egypt my last position was S. construction manager At Saudi Ben Laden group in prophet mosque and of course you know the rest of the story. wish you the best
Hazem
7 years 6 months ago #8262

Wessam Mohie

Good luck Mr.Hazem

my whats app 00966545477276, may I help you
7 years 6 months ago #8246

Hazem Ibrahim

I scheduled my exam on 12 / 12 as well and I need a study partner to be motivated and I started 3 studying 3 weeks ago .
7 years 6 months ago #8228

craig t

's Avatar

This discussion is helpful, my only challenge then is remain motivated. i study for threeweeks and then stop, when i resume i forget everything and have to start over the concept.. now i hav escheduled my examp to dec 2016 i am hopeful that this tip will make me better prepared. i will admit i have never read the pmbok twice. The exam outline you posted is exactly how my exam was delivered
7 years 9 months ago #7556

Wessam Mohie

Dear All,

I passed the PMP exam at the first attempt, and here are my LL and recommendations

Materials I used
1- PM PrepCast video lessons
2- Read PMBOK guide ( twice )
3- Rita Book ( twice )
4- PMP Exam Prep Essentials Study Guide ( For quick review the essential concepts )
5- PMP exam simulator, Fastrack (rita simulator) and other free tests available on internet .
6- 47 Project management processes and ITTOs collected in one paper www.ricardo-vargas.com/downloads/download-file/299/ . I printed it on A2 size paper and I made analysis then I wrote notes ( example : issue log is the output of manage stakeholder engagement and Input to control comm, control stakeholder and manage project team. Another example, all processes starts with control (eg. contol scope, schedule, cost ..etc) have common outputs: change requests, work performance info, pm plan updates, project doc. updates and OPA updates. )

Lessons Learned
1- PMP exam simulator and PM study mock exams are the closest to actual exam.
2- PMP exam simulator is the best quality .
3- Most of the questions are situational
4- ITTO questions are not straightforward ( eg. A Situation describes some activities and asks the output of these activities ), so you have to determine these activities fall in which process then select the output of this process.
5- I received 6 Formula questions in my exam ( 3 EVM , 2 three point estimate , 1 EMV ), And 1 Critcal path method but no calculation needed . ( 2 of EVM asks the status: over or under budget and ahead or behind schedule ).
6- Expect new ideas in the actual exam, so DO NOT rely on one source of PMP tests.
7- Expect fractional numbers instead of percentage ( eg. three-quarter instead of 75% ).

Recommendations for PMP Exam
1- Study the tasks in the exam content outline, (eg. task 12 in planning domain: conduct kick off meeting.....etc, you have to ask yourself WHAT , HOW, WHY and WHEN) .
2- Study How to control changes in your project in details.
3- Study the Issue log ( what, why, how and when )
4-Know the interrelation and differences between Communication and Stakeholder management
5- After each MOCK exam you take, review all questions even the correct answers

Best Wishes,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login