fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Exam on first attempt!

Passed the PMP Exam on first attempt! 7 years 10 months ago #7519

• Sarah Counnas
  • Sarah Counnas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here are my tips for future PMP exam takers:

* Coaching was key for me since I hadn't taken a big exam in a LONG time. I hired a fantastic coach (Dan Ryan) who set out an aggressive but achievable study plan and had me take over 1000 practice questions!
* Know the 47 processes like the back of your hand! There are lots of questions about process order and categorization.
* Know the PMP formulas!
* Practice doing a "brain dump" for all the processes and formulas. Practice every day so that you are able to do all of it in a matter of 2-5 minutes. You can do this during the Exam Tutorial portion (before the exam starts, there's a 15 minute tutorial on how to use the equipment, etc. Use some of this time to write out your brain dump so you can refer to them throughout the exam.)
* Practice, practice, practice! The PMPrepCast was a great way to do lots of practice questions and full exams. The goal was to get a score of 80% before sitting for the real exam. That meant I was very familiar with how to manage my time, flag questions I needed to check/answer later and how to stay focused for that length of time. It all paid off & I passed the exam in 2.5 hours on my first attempt!

Good luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login