fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP in 45 days

Passed PMP in 45 days 7 years 11 months ago #7232

• Sarvani K
  • Sarvani K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hallo All,
I passed PMP in November 2015 and though it is many months later, I would still want to write a review for PM PrepCast and give my procedure in preparing for the exam. Cornelius is a genius! He made my preparation an enthusiastic journey. Thank you Cornelius for helping me pass PMP and keeping my energy levels high all throughout. Amazing PM PrepCast!

For each Knowledge Area, I would first listen to Cornelius videos's, then quickly read Rita's book and then practice the sample questions from both. And then, I referred to PMBOK to clarify every question. I spent 25 days listening to videos and the next 20 days in Tests. On the 45th day, I passed my PMP confidently and comfortably. My preparation time was very rigorous; I spent ten/twelve hours each weekday and close to ten hours on weekends. I also come with over five years of Project Management and PMO experience.
My Preparation Materials:
1. Cornelius Fichtner's PM PrepCast www.project-management-prepcast.com/ and Exam Simulator exam.pm-exam-simulator.com/
2. Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep - 8th Edition.
3. PMBOK 5th Edition. I read this book for thorough understanding after I listened to the videos and answered the sample questions for each Chapter.
4. I bought three kindle books to prepare myself for the formula based questions in the exam:
www.amazon.com/every-Contract-Calculatio...-ebook/dp/B00MLPGE2K
www.amazon.com/every-Network-Diagram-que...034TYJBX6V98R6WDACMB
www.amazon.com/every-Earned-Value-questi...-ebook/dp/B00M4QD776
5. I did not memorize ITTO, yet, understanding them was an integral part for the exam. Without the knowledge of ITTO, I would not have been able to answer the questions.
6. I tested myself on no more than 1500 Questions, but from different vendors. I learned to sit continuously for four hours and answered 200 questions without a break. I would also write the 47 Processes and the 17 formulae in less than 15 minutes.

Good luck for those preparing for PMP. Many thanks to Cornelius and his Team for PM PrepCast. Keep up the excellent work. Kudos!

~ Sarvani
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login