fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on the last test before the change

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on the last test before the change

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 1 month ago #7027

Tracey South

Congratulations Saket! Way to persevere!

Tracey
8 years 1 month ago #7026

Saket Gandhi

Finally I made PMP on the last day before the new format .
It was a difficult journey for me because i scheduled my exam twice earlier but due to job commitments and some health issues related to GERD I was not able to focus well on my preparation and could not give the exam on scheduled dates . Then finally I took the date which was 11th Jan 2016 after which the format was about to change.
When I started preparing for PMP i was confused what is the best material i should start with . I searched lot of sites on internet every one has there own views depending what suits to them.
For me I saw a lot about Prep cast by Cornelius Fichtner, thought of giving a try as it was a good package having everything including exam simulator , formula guide and prep cast material.
I used to watch every day for 2 hours beginning from mid August 2015 . Once done then i started reading the PMBOK guide and then i read Rita Mulcahy with all sample questions at the back. I developed some confidence but still was not able to score above 60% in the sample exams .
Then I read PMBOK again second time with seeing the answers which I made wrong and referring in the PMBOK. I even heard some audo CDS of Andy Crowe. I give exams again and again finally after that i was able to score 75% consistently in any exam simulator . Finally then i was not having any choice give the PMP exam and got passed.
Exam day: created the brain dump in those initial 15 minutes , tried to solve the easy questions and marked the difficult question . I took 3 breaks in total . After completing the first round then i did the difficult questions which i marked for review. and then i used 20 minutes for final review.
I would say try as many sample questions with right approach , understand the concepts and dont give it up .

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login