fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on the last test before the change

Passed PMP on the last test before the change 8 years 1 month ago #7026

• Saket Gandhi
  • Saket Gandhi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Finally I made PMP on the last day before the new format .
It was a difficult journey for me because i scheduled my exam twice earlier but due to job commitments and some health issues related to GERD I was not able to focus well on my preparation and could not give the exam on scheduled dates . Then finally I took the date which was 11th Jan 2016 after which the format was about to change.
When I started preparing for PMP i was confused what is the best material i should start with . I searched lot of sites on internet every one has there own views depending what suits to them.
For me I saw a lot about Prep cast by Cornelius Fichtner, thought of giving a try as it was a good package having everything including exam simulator , formula guide and prep cast material.
I used to watch every day for 2 hours beginning from mid August 2015 . Once done then i started reading the PMBOK guide and then i read Rita Mulcahy with all sample questions at the back. I developed some confidence but still was not able to score above 60% in the sample exams .
Then I read PMBOK again second time with seeing the answers which I made wrong and referring in the PMBOK. I even heard some audo CDS of Andy Crowe. I give exams again and again finally after that i was able to score 75% consistently in any exam simulator . Finally then i was not having any choice give the PMP exam and got passed.
Exam day: created the brain dump in those initial 15 minutes , tried to solve the easy questions and marked the difficult question . I took 3 breaks in total . After completing the first round then i did the difficult questions which i marked for review. and then i used 20 minutes for final review.
I would say try as many sample questions with right approach , understand the concepts and dont give it up .

Passed PMP on the last test before the change 8 years 1 month ago #7027

• Tracey South
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations Saket! Way to persevere!

Tracey
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login