fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP first attempt (new format)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP first attempt (new format)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 1 month ago #7035

Maryam

's Avatar

Well done! Thanks for sharing your lessons learned. I'm planning on sitting in for the exam in the fall.
8 years 1 month ago #7019

KHALED MKAREM

Congratulations Cecil, Well done. You deserve it :)
8 years 1 month ago #7018

Adebambo Odumosu

Wow thanks Cecil for taking time to respond. I'm indeed grateful.
8 years 1 month ago #7011

Cecil D'Souza

Thank you Adebambo. My advice is to read PMBOK well and try and actually understand it by following up the same chapter immediately with mastering Rita's book, version 8. That is Key. Then do the exercises from Rita's book after the chapter and see how you feel. Then do PREPCAST training and exercises which will give you a slightly different way of thinking (don't miss the explanations to quiz questions which is very good). That's the strategy I followed, although late. I used only Prepcast quiz/Exam). You will need to get the hang of each Knowledge Area, and to understand how it all ties up with Monitor and Control, AND Integrated Change Control. What happens where and what process gets control from those processes based on what happens. Know what takes place in what process. e.g do you know which process EVM takes place?. I did not.

I would concentrate on certain specifics and know key things in each knowledge area (risk and procurement) - E.g. Tools and Techniques for Quality or Inputs for Collect requirements in Scope. For e.g. 7 Tools and their principles and use in Quality, the phases of Tuckmans ladder in Dev Team and the type of Conflict resolution etc. The difference between corrective and preventive action, Quality Assurance and Quality Control. The exercises are key to doing that. Basically, you need to read Rita's book well and understand how she explains things and Cornelius' training material. Finally, read the question part carefully, and then look at the answers to choose from. Some questions require you to choose what the PM does FIRST or NEXT or which document he/she would need to find so and so. Good luck to you and plan it well. Give yourself time to read, time to understand, time to put it all together by which time you will be confident. Go back to the prep material and books as much as you need to.
8 years 1 month ago #7010

Cecil D'Souza

Thank you Tracey. I am glad it is over although the exam was not as bad as one would have thought. I was expecting a lot of twists but it wasn't like that. I guess after using Precast and ExamPrep Fasttrack,, our mind is oriented to think in a particular way. The only drawback was not taking ear plugs, the noise of people typing away and the occasional conversation outside the room that could be heard which was quite disturbing. It took me half an hour to try and settle in while the exam was on.
8 years 1 month ago #7001

Tracey South

Congratulations Cecil! Thank you for sharing your experience with the new exam.

Tracey

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login