fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on first attempt, Jan 7 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on first attempt, Jan 7 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6820

Somnath Ray

's Avatar

Dear All,
I passed my PMP Exam at the first attempt.
It was not a hard exam but tricky.
I studied for a month only.
Here is what I did for the exam:
Studied the higher level Project Management Process map well and browsed over key concepts in the PMBOK 5th edition.
1) Practiced all 9 Prepcast Exam Simulator Questions in Exam conditions. This helped me to finish the exam 35 minutes before time to review the marked questions.
2) Studied the questions which I got incorrect and then referred back to the PMBOK 5th edition.
3) Studied the Earned Value Management Concepts and formulas and practiced the math questions. There were plenty of math questions.
4) Practiced Network Diagrams. There were only a few network questions though.
Good Luck to all.
Cheers!
Somnath Ray CPA, PMP, SAP Certified Application Associate-SAP HANA
8 years 2 months ago #6817

Tracey South

Congrats Adriana! I think you offered good advice.

Tracey
8 years 2 months ago #6815

Adriana Pravet

Hi everyone,

thrilled to announce I passed the PMP exam first try on Jan 7th.

My study materials:
- PM Prepcast, Formula Guide, PM Prepcast Simulators and Andy Crowe's "PMP Exam, How To pass on your first try". Of course the PMBOK 5.0 too.
I spent about 5 weeks studying, 2 hr/day with the last week 6-8 hours.
My recommendation: do and re-do as many of the exam simulators and review all answers (both good and mistaken).
Also really try to understand the processes data flow from the PMBOK. I realized late this is important, however it helped spending the last days of study reviewing and understanding those.

The exam felt harder than the simulators, however the simulator questions train your mind to look for specific answers as they are desired on the exam. The fomula guide is really good to help with the numbers problems, these felt the easier on the exam itself. I had very little time to review the questions at the end. There is a chapter in Andy Growe's book talking just about the exam, this was very helpfull.

Thanks again Cornelius and team, your well prepared materials helped me get both the educational hours and pass the exam.

Adriana Pravet

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login