Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
thrilled to announce I passed the PMP exam first try on Jan 7th.
My study materials:
- PM Prepcast, Formula Guide, PM Prepcast Simulators and Andy Crowe's "PMP Exam, How To pass on your first try". Of course the PMBOK 5.0 too.
I spent about 5 weeks studying, 2 hr/day with the last week 6-8 hours.
My recommendation: do and re-do as many of the exam simulators and review all answers (both good and mistaken).
Also really try to understand the processes data flow from the PMBOK. I realized late this is important, however it helped spending the last days of study reviewing and understanding those.
The exam felt harder than the simulators, however the simulator questions train your mind to look for specific answers as they are desired on the exam. The fomula guide is really good to help with the numbers problems, these felt the easier on the exam itself. I had very little time to review the questions at the end. There is a chapter in Andy Growe's book talking just about the exam, this was very helpfull.
Thanks again Cornelius and team, your well prepared materials helped me get both the educational hours and pass the exam.
Passed PMP Exam on first attempt, Jan 6 2016
2 years 1 week ago #6820
I passed my PMP Exam at the first attempt.
It was not a hard exam but tricky.
I studied for a month only.
Here is what I did for the exam:
Studied the higher level Project Management Process map well and browsed over key concepts in the PMBOK 5th edition.
1) Practiced all 9 Prepcast Exam Simulator Questions in Exam conditions. This helped me to finish the exam 35 minutes before time to review the marked questions.
2) Studied the questions which I got incorrect and then referred back to the PMBOK 5th edition.
3) Studied the Earned Value Management Concepts and formulas and practiced the math questions. There were plenty of math questions.
4) Practiced Network Diagrams. There were only a few network questions though.
Good Luck to all.
Somnath Ray CPA, PMP, SAP Certified Application Associate-SAP HANA
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.