fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP (4P's, 1MP) - Lessons Learned

Passed PMP (4P's, 1MP) - Lessons Learned 8 years 3 months ago #6791

• Timothy Cheng
  • Timothy Cheng's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took the PMP earlier last month and passed (4P's, 1MP). I wanted to thank Cornelius

Process: Over the course of 6 weeks (am in between jobs so focused on PMP full time):
1) Create study plan (used suggestions and lesson learned from others) to create rough schedule
2) Used Andy Crowe's "How to Pass PMP on Your first try" - taking notes
3) Watched (majority of) Prepcast Lessons - to reinforce what I read
4) Used Prepcast simulation exams until I felt comfortable (consistently scoring 78% - 85%). Also used other (free & credible) simulations you can find online.
5) Scheduled exam for that week.

Lessons Learned:

- Develop a plan, and continually monitor and control it. Stay disciplined in keeping it, but flexible making changes as necessary (i.e. add/remove study days, take more/less test, focus on specific topics)
- Take plenty of practice test prior to gauge progress
o identify weak spots
o familiarize self with test, questions, appropriate answers, and important subject matter
o select test date based on results
- Interact with material – think how various processes and ITTO’s relate to each other and can be used in actual projects (DO NOT memorize ITTO’s)
- Have a good test taking strategy:
1) First 50 minutes - aim to get to 75 questions. Skip long, calculations, or difficult questions. Mark ones unsure about. Take a 5 minute break - near the restroom I did some jumping jacks to get the blood flowing.
2) Second 50 minutes - do same as above. Take 5 - 10 minute break. use restroom, eat a snack, stretch/calisthenics
3) Third 50 minutes - do same as above. If you're on track you get to last question in this interval. Start going through skipped questions. Take a 10 minute break - stretching/calisthenics a MUST since your brain is fried at this point.
4) Final 50 minutes go through skipped questions - aim to stay under 2 min for each. If you can't skip it second time. Also go look at marked questions
5) Last 5 minutes - guess on questions that are still unmarked. Ensure you answered everything.

Passed PMP (4P's, 1MP) - Lessons Learned 8 years 3 months ago #6792

• Jeremy Papp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Congratulations, Timothy! I'll wager you're pretty happy and relieved.
Thank you for sharing. This is very similar to the plan I followed...except for the jumping jacks, lol.
I should have taken breaks in retrospect. I was nervous about not finishing in time and pushed right through but sure enough I had time to spare.

Passed PMP (4P's, 1MP) - Lessons Learned 8 years 3 months ago #6825

• Yogesh Bargi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations!
I was wondering what would be minimum required for pass, for example 4 MP and one BP will that be pass or a 3MP and 2BP will also considered pass. Not seen any guideline with respect to how many MP and how many BP will be considered pass.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login